Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Old Lady Hockey


Thursday nights is Old Lady Hockey for me...hard work, and actually a lot of fun. The past few weeks, I have had a couple of "breakthrough" moments of finally being able to feel reckless enough on my skates to actually do some fancier footwork. For about 20 minutes last week, I practised racing with the puck-stop-change-directions-stop-repeat...over and over. Keeping the puck, leaping into a quick crossover start (which none of the women seem to do), stopping dead on with the puck...I was sweating, but finally got faster.
I wear Jos' gear from when he was 11 yrs old. Tomorrow, I need to get my skates sharpened before heading out to the rink. I am also thinking of getting an "Under Armor" skullcap to keep my hair out of my eyes. I tried Joseph's and it felt great to be able to see!

No comments: